Proper Golf

Sunday, May 9, 2010

If I could play 1 round of golf tomorrow


anywhere in the world, private or public, I would tee it up at Friars Head. Its been almost 2 years since I've been there, and I've played a lot of great golf courses since and there are a lot that I would do unspeakable acts to see, but to me, Friars Head represents the ultimate golfing experience.

#4 is one of my favorite holes of all time. I still dream about getting another chance on the 7th green. Then you get up to the top of the dune on #9 and and you know it just gets even better. #10 is pure fun, but 15-18 is simply the best. No other golf course I have ever played climaxes like this one.

In order, the top-5 courses I would want to play tomorrow:
1 - Friars Head
2 - Cypress Point. No explanation needed
3 - Royal Dornoch. Love Pinehurst #2, can't wait to see where it came from
4 - Shinnicock Hills. Got a taste at the 2004 US Open, it was not enough
5 - Pine Valley. The combination of architectural talent that went into designing this golf course cannot be over looked.. not that it ever is

No comments:

Post a Comment